As a business owner, you have to take care of many different aspects of your business such as:
Sales, marketing, finance, Customer Relationship, Technical support, Legal + Compliance, Creating Systems, Driving Traffic, Market Analysis, and so on…
That’s a lot to work on…
So it’s understandable why you feel burned out most of the time
The problem with this list is that of the things mentioned, less than 10% of them are REVENUE GENERATING ACTIVITIES (activities that will help you increase your business revenue)
To put it bluntly, you’re wasting your time working on things that are stopping you from earning the income you desire.
Professors Julian Birkinshaw and Jordan Cohen from Hardvard did a productivity experiment back in 2013, in which they found that 41% of workers’ time is spent on activities that weren’t personally satisfying and could also be done by others.
To fix this problem the professors trained the workers to analyze their tasks and ask the following question:
- Drop: What items can I drop? What can I stop doing entirely?
- Delegate: What items can I delegate to a subordinate? What can I outsource?
- Redesign: What do I need to continue doing, but do it in a new, time-efficient way?
To put these questions into practice take a look at your calendar and your to-do list and ask yourself:
- “ Is this task valuable to my business? What would happen if I dropped it?”
- “Am I the only person who can do this task? Who else in or outside my business can accomplish this?”
- “Can the same results be achieved but with a faster process? How would I complete this task without being involved in it?”
By asking these three questions it will give you the insights you need to identify the tasks that you should stop doing completely, the ones you should delegate or outsource, or the ones that should be automated. This will allow you to focus most of your time on REVENUE GENERATING ACTIVITIES and you’ll have more free time to spend with your family or do whatever else you like.